Tuesday, October 15, 2013

See All There Is

I get more stimulated by the things that are around me. I am more and more eager to see every thing. This feeling is bursting inside me, but with that comes an overwhelming feeling.
Though, this feeling makes you move, makes you look, makes you learn.
I'm beginning to think it may be impossible to see all there is to see in the two months I have left here, but let's not talk about that. In my architecture class today, my professor was kind enough to hand us a stapled booklet, more or less the size of your car manual, on exhibits in most museums in Paris, streets to walk down and admire, and the interior of many cafés.
Yes, overwhelmed, but motivated.

My first visitors came this past weekend, and it was so nice to see familiar faces! Mom, Gary, and I ate at yummy restaurants, roamed around different neighborhoods, and visited this big house:

A small nook of the Palace of Versailles

The astronomical size of this château leaves you clueless as to what life was like for the royals who lived here. This palace required 10,000 staff members to serve the monarch and to maintain the upkeep of such a place.

A long room with endless mirrors and chandeliers.
gold, gold, gold.

Mom found her Constable of France...
And I found my General, he had nice curls.
We liked this day and this couch.

I conveniently take the metro to all corners of the city, as it is starting to get chilly here to walk. I'm addicted to the surprise of what you will see when ascending the stairs back into the city world. I pause once I make it up, I think; in which direction do I feel like walking? And then I walk. It's always an adventure and I always find something.

We explored Montmartre one afternoon, an area of Paris famous for its small streets filled with artists and its very large Basilica, Sacré Coeur. Apart from this area that has an inescapable crowd, its residential area and boulangeries is a place I could spend hours in.


Van Gogh walked out of this door so many times.
Small and winding, and I could get lost forever here and never mind.
Sacré Coeur, Sacred Heart, this basilica was built to honor all those killed during the French Revolution. A structure that was meant to symbolizes peace after such violence. 
                                                                                                                               . . .

Bisous Mama, I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment